Becoming a Senior Financial Accountant with DCC Smart Metering:
We are looking for a highly competent and experienced Senior Financial Accountant to join our Finance team to manage our financial reporting and control activities.
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified chartered accountant (ACA or equivalent) that is highly academic. The ideal candidate will be a strong influencer and communicator - who can build and maintain relationships internally and externally. Candidates will be self-starters with a proven track-record of process improvement, team management and managing seamless month-end and year-end processes. The candidate will be expected to work closely with Commercial Finance, Finance Transformation and the Regulation team.
Owing to the nature of the role and the necessity to improve processes there is a genuine opportunity to stamp your own mark and make a real impact.
What you will do:
- Management of month end and year end reporting (internal and Group)
- Management of end to end audit process, and be key point of contact for external and internal auditors
- Review of monthly management accounts and control of nominal ledger to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Production of Annual Report and preparation/review of financial reports as required by stakeholders.
- Review of monthly regulatory financial report and production of final annual report for regulator Ofgem (will need to work closely with the regulatory reporting team to support them with financial information for the wider narrative report provided to Ofgem)
- Key finance contact for Ofgem
- Determine appropriate accounting treatment for new streams of business/new contracts
- Assess processes and controls and drive process improvement in all areas as required (will need to work closely with Head of FP&A and Finance Transformation manager to achieve this)
Your experience will include:
- ACA qualified, Big 4 trained and ideally with experience gained in industry
- Management of monthly end process with full responsibility of monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliation
- Preparation of full Annual Report for entities, including drafting of Strategic Report and Corporate Governance Report, under IFRS
- High level of technical competency
- Exceptional track record of audit management and process development
- Strong Excel skills
- Demonstrates initiative and takes responsibility for key deliverables, seeing them through to completion
- Ability to challenge assumptions and processes
- Organised and able to communicate both verbally and in writing with difference stakeholders
About DCC Smart Metering
At DCC Smart Metering we've built the data and communications infrastructure that will support the mass roll out of smart electricity and gas meters to homes and small businesses across the country. The world's most ambitious smart meter roll out will see over 53 million smart meters installed across the UK by 2020. Join us and you'll be part of a team that is supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure and sustainable energy supply for the future.
DCC Smart Metering are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you a discretionary annual bonus, car allowance or company car, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contactfor guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=EC3N1DY&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=EC3N1DY&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.