Adjacency are recruiting for the newly created role of Senior Financial Accountant for a Bristol based brand that continues to go from strength to strength. Launched in 2010 our client already has over 40 outlets in the UK and has expanded into Europe with 2017 revenues growing by over 30%. Plans are in place for continued growth with 6-8 new sites planned in the UK over the next 12 / 18 months and further expansion within Europe. This role comes with a basic salary of £45,000 - £50,000 plus 10% bonus and a range of other benefits.
Managing a team of 5, the Senior Financial Accountant will assist with the continued development of the infrastructure to support growth and will play a vital role in recommending changes that will improve the company’s financial performance and provide strong financial control.
The key objective of the role is to ensure accurate accounting for the UK and European Entities. As this is a newly created role, the responsibilities below are an overview that will quickly expand.
- Management and oversight of the financial accounting team including purchase ledger, sales ledger, overseas accounting, systems and controls and overheads
- Systems Accounting, ensuring sales data is correctly loaded from EPOS system into the finance system and that bank reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis
- Cash flow forecasting and analysis of cash flow data
- Assisting with the production of Statutory Accounts, including preparation for future UK GAAP to IFRS conversion
- As an experienced supervisor / manager you will take responsibility for recruitment and development of the finance team
- Continuous improvement, automation and development of finance process and controls and ad hoc projects
Essential Skills & Characteristics
- Fully ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Adaptive and able to learn quickly in a fast paced working environment
- Ability to influence others with good communication skills
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office including Excel (vlookups and pivot tables)
- Organised and methodical approach to work processes and procedures with the ability to juggle tasks effectively
- Proactive self-starter able to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Business German advantageous but not essential
Adjacency provides permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent. We deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option. We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.
- Financial Accounting
- Statutory Accounts
- Man Management