Senior Finance Officer
Exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Finance Officer to join our team!
Happy days nurseries are seeking a Senior Finance Officer to work within our busy finance team based in Summercourt, Cornwall - situated centrally between Newquay, Truro & St Austell. You will be required to ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day sales ledger, bank & cash and Early Years funding activities so that processing deadlines in the monthly accounting timetable are met. The successful candidate will manage and support a team and take the lead on more complex queries and issue.
What skills & experience do you need…
- Provide high quality customer service both internally and externally
- Experience maintaining a sales ledger and ability to deal with complex billing scenarios and high volumes
- Knowledge of bank & cash posting and reconciliation
- In-depth working knowledge of computer software such as Sage, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Confident in ability to reconcile control accounts and post accounting journals
- Credit control and maintaining provision for bad and doubtful debts
- Experience of managing people
- Experience of working in a busy finance team
- Able to multi-task and work to strict deadlines
- Strong team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good, confident and honest communicator
- Previous experience working in the childcare sector would be advantageous but not essential
Happy Days offers a fantastic benefits package including discounted childcare, free car parking, pension contribution, holiday (including Christmas off) and extensive personal development.
If you are interested in applying please send your CV to Asha at or alternatively telephone for an informal discussion
“Happy Days, Committed to safer recruitment”
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'