Every Parent & Child is a small, friendly and supportive charity based in Edmonton, Enfield. The charity supports children and their families in the London Borough of Enfield and its surrounding areas. We are now recruiting for an experienced part time Senior Finance Officer to oversee the charity’s finance.
The role comes with great perks (6% pension scheme, 25 holiday days per year, exclusive of bank holidays and time over the Christmas period) and will provide lots of opportunity for growth as the service continues to expand. To apply for this role, you will need extensive experience of charity finance, e.g. setting up and managing project budgets, preparing monthly payroll, management accounts including budget projections, financial projections to allow the Trustees to plan ahead. You will produce cash flows, yearly financial accounts and liaise with independent examiner. Please see job description for further details.
- Maintain all ledgers and data entries into Sage Accounts package
- Processing suppliers,ensuring that all invoices are paid in timely manner via electronic banking and liaise with suppliers
- Check staff expense claim forms for accuracy that the supporting documents are attached and signed before processing payments.
- Banking of cash and cheques received
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Responsible for petty cash and bank cards payments and records
- Perform online bank payments weekly including monthly salaries payments
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, analysis of variance against budgets and financial reports to the Board.
- Report to and attend the Finance Subgroup meeting in the evenings
- Prepare yearly statutory accounts in compliance with Charity SORP for Independent Examiner
- Liaise with the CEO and company Fundraiser to develop projects budgets
- Manage charity's cash flow
- Ensure that the charity's assets are invested per its Investment policy
- Maintain fixed asset records
- Set up and maintain projects' budgets and update during financial year for changes in the budgets
- Prepare financial reports/ monitoring for funders, CEO and service leads
- Prepare monthly payroll, RTI, Auto Enrolment pension and HMRC liabilities.
- Ensure all annual returns and changes in charity's details are made to Charity Commission and Companies House including Company Secretary Duties.
- Manage charity's on-line giving portals and Gift Aid
- Look at current financials policies and procedures and strengthen and develop financial procedures as necessary
- Attending Staff Meetings
- Undertaking supervision, annual appraisals, and job-related training and development.
If you are interested in this position, please click the 'ApplyNow' button where you will be re-directed to complete our application form.
CVs will not be accepted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.