Hours- Full time, 3 month FTC
Reed Accountancy are working with a large educational establishment in Birmingham who are looking for a senior finance officer on a 3 month fixed-term contract. This organisation are looking for someone who can ensure that finances for their departments and specific projects are controlled and delivered to contract by organising and operating effective financial control systems. This role involves some financial and management accounting aspects so the ideal candidate will ideally have experience in both roles. The right candidate will have experience of working within education.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Provision of financial controlling for a selection of commercial developments.
2. Provide quotations and other fiscal advice and input to project working groups and provide advice and analysis of the financial basics of professional cases and project plans.
3. Support project teams with post project appraisals and assessments.
4. Check expenditure and ensure activity reporting, timesheets and data mechanisms are in place and being used fittingly.
5. Support the completion of statutory returns including preparing working for the notes to the accounts; carrying out analysis and reconciliations; checking accuracy; carrying out closedown tasks for year-end and producing information required for consolidated group accounts.
6. Produce information for and complete corporate and statutory returns including those to HEAS and the Office of National Statistics (ONS).
7. Support the planning and management of budgets and forecasts and arrange regular monitoring meetings with budget holders.
8. Provide a full budgeting and forecasting service to a collection of departments including guidance on organisational rules, formats, processes and protocols.
9. Maintain expenditure forecasting systems and provide regular pay and non-pay budgets and forecasts.
10. Monitor performance against budget or forecast and raise concerns with the Deputy Head of Financial Planning and Reporting.
11. Ensure that budgets are entered accurately onto the organisation’s financial system and actual and commitment data is up to date and maintained accurately.
12. Undertake periodic reviews to check that transactions are being correctly and consistently coded.
13. Ensure recharge and error correction journals are correctly inputted to the organisation’s General Ledger.
The ideal candidate must have no notice period and be available for interview ASAP.
• Part Qualified accountant or ideally newly qualified accountant (CIMA etc)
• The ability to demonstrate a combination of qualifications, skills and practical experience at an equivalent level
• Demonstrable and up to date experience of providing comprehensive accountancy and finance support services including project accounting preferably in a large complex organisation. Previous experience of the higher education sector with an up to date knowledge of the requirements of Funding Councils is preferable.
• Up to date knowledge and understanding of Statutory Accounting
• Understanding of a business partner approach to finance support and ideally some experience of working to a business partner model.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely
• Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and business and finance information systems. Good Excel skills to support the production of accurate and useful management information.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to managing conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job