The role reports in to the Head of Group Reporting
- Support global accounting processes and the internal controls framework for the general ledger, special ledgers, foreign currency revaluations, and inter-company postings.
- Support SAP Finance users by responding to queries and providing training for financial controls, GL posting, accounting interfaces, user security, standard reports and custom report building.
- Support quarter-end and year-end closing and consolidation of global financial statements and external regulatory filings.
- Support Master Data Governance for the chart of accounts including new companies, GL accounts, profit centres, and related hierarchies.
- Support Accounting interfaces including liaison with business system owners to monitor daily controls and collaboration with development teams to maintain or add source systems.
- Maintain financial reports.
- Participate in data conversion and integration projects for acquisitions and new IFRS requirements.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Extensive knowledge of SAP GL as a sophisticated business user and/or configuration analyst.
- Analytical and problem solving skills to investigate and identify business process failures and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Organizational and time management skills to manage multiple priorities and adapt to fluctuating work volumes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including telephone & e-mail contact.
- Control Systems
- General Ledger
- Internal Controls
- Integration Projects