We are recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager to join a Large Retailer for an interim role based in West London. The role will be supporting a large IT project in a finance business partnering capacity.
• To provide cost control, analysis and decision support to the IT leadership team, to maximise business performance and deliver value
• To manage the planning and forecasting for all IT costs and ensure adherence to the Group investment policy
• Strong cost control of IT cost base to deliver opex & capex targets and to drive ROI.
• Manage the quarterly planning and forecasting process and influence the delivery of targets.
• Manage monthly reporting delivering insight to Finance & IT leadership teams.
• Manage monthly BU and Channel cost analysis and reporting.
• Analytical insight to influence commercial & finance team decisions
• Review & challenge of new IT project investment requests to minimise costs & drive ROI.
• Provide insight into the IT cost base focussing on cost drivers, external benchmarks & KPIs.
• Generating solutions to financial control weaknesses and driving the operational teams to resolve them, following up from exception reporting.
• Identify and support initiatives which improve financial performance.
• Qualified accountant with at least 5 years PQE
• Strong technical accounting knowledge and ability to advise commercial teams
• Strong communication and influencing skills with ability to influence & challenge at a senior level
• Confident communicator with ability to clearly explain financial data focussing on the key messages
• Strong commercial acumen
• Ability to identify areas for process improvement
• Ability to switch priorities and workload in line with operational & financial requirements
• Effective stakeholder management to drive strong working relationships with operational & financial managers