This role is responsible for leading on financial planning, costing, forecasting and reporting for the client. The post holder will be required to regularly report on financial and other performance measures to support effective decision-making across all business areas and help the business run efficiently and effectively.
The role will require networking with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to provide financial advice and expertise as well as supporting on wider Corporate Finance initiatives.
Annual Financial Planning Process
• Co-ordinates under the direction of the Director of Corporate Finance & Performance the delivery of the annual financial planning process to deliver both the Administration and Members Estimates, update and manage the Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) and update the Medium Term Investment Plan (MTIP).
Budget and Performance Management
• Oversees the monthly forecasting exercise providing robust analysis, challenge and accurate reporting.
• Works to enhance management information to ensure decision-making is based on the best available sources.
• Produces monthly management reports for the Management Board and frequent reports to the Administration Committee and Finance Committee as appropriate.
• Supports senior management and budget holders in strategic decision making by providing accurate and timely financial information, analysis and commentary.
• Prepares and issues the Budget Book and letters of financial delegation.
• Monitors Capital and Resource budgets, agrees and records budgetary changes in line with the Finance Rules.
• Leads on developing costing information.
Programmes and Projects
• Ensures that relevant advice is sought on business cases and provides advice on the financial affordability of business cases.
• Provides support and advice to programmes and projects including being a member of relevant boards.
• Ensures that financial benefits and impacts from business cases are tracked and built into the planning process.
• Ensures that high quality budgetary and forecasting information is held on the finance system (Agresso).
• Contributes to the development of the finance system (currently Agresso) for the future.
• Leads on the proactive publication of the budget, in year position.
Policy, Controls and Guidance
• Ensures timely implementation of agreed internal audit actions.
• Ensures management accounting policy and guidance is kept up to date and changes are communicated to interested parties.
Leadership and Management
• Contribute to the professional leadership of the wider finance function, working collaboratively with finance business partners and seeking ways to continuously improve the function.
• Contributes to the work and priorities of Corporate Finance; the postholder will be expected to attend regular meetings with other Finance managers.
• Deputises for the Director of Corporate Finance & Performance as required on Financial Management issues.
A fully qualified accountant (e.g. CCAB recognised).
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Stakeholder Management