Senior Finance Business Partner - Strategic Finance & Insight
Temporary, Full Time
Up to £450 per day PAYE
Location: Chelmsford - part office and part remote working
In line with ECC's Ways of Working, this role has been deemed as an 'Anywhere Worker' position. This means you are able to work remotely for the majority of the time, with occasional trips to the office (Chelmsford) based on business need. Any journeys to the office would be at your own expense. More specific details about this can be discussed at the interview stage should you be invited to interview.
The role sits within the Strategic Finance and Insight team, which has responsibility for delivering all aspects of the medium term financial strategy and setting the annual £1bn revenue and circa £300m capital budgets. To do this successfully requires proactive advice and guidance to all levels of management and Members to influence decision making. You will work closely with colleagues across the Finance function, as well as peers in other professional support services. With major transformation programmes and the implementation of the "Everyone's Essex" plan for the Council, the role will be working in a fast paced environment, supporting significant positive change.
Alongside this the team has ownership of the Council's funding position, including Council Tax and Business Rates. This requires building and maintaining strong working relationships with our local government partners in Essex to ensure all achieve the best possible outcomes.
Why work with us?
- Make a difference to the local community, be that infrastructure, climate change or adult social care and help us transform Essex to a circular economy as we redefine growth and focus on positive society-wide benefits
- We are a large finance team with the annual revenue budget for Essex County Council being £1bn, alongside a capital programme with an average annual value of £300m
- Essex County Council is the 2nd largest Local Authority in the United Kingdom and are often at the forefront of work carried out in the local authority sector
- Work for a high performing team with great team morale and friendly, helpful, and supportive colleagues
- Happy to consider public and private sector backgrounds, with a focus on transferable skills and competencies
- Great training pathways. Encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development
- Flexible working - work on an outcomes basis offering a fantastic work / life balance
- 37 hour working week
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Full CCAB / CIMA qualification with minimum of 2 years post qualification experience and evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience in application of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation, preferably public sector, through a full financial cycle.
- Essential evidence of providing financial advice to inform complex decision making.
- Evidence of direct influence in improving financial systems and processes.
- Experience of evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing the long term delivery of large scale services.
- Demonstrate significant experience of working with and influencing members and / or executives, as well as, multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service outcomes.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Extensive experience of strong leadership skills and ability to demonstrate credibility, promoting good financial management practice within the business.
Please note that interviews being conducted on a virtual basis.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please email
- Full CCAB
- full CIMA
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'