I am currently recruiting for a Senior Finance Assistant for my client within the media sector, their office is based in Central London and their team is growing!
We are looking for an individual who would like to get involved in a number of finance areas from the transactional to the analytical. The purpose of this role is to join a growing team under the Head of Financial Reporting to assist with a multitude of areas from Board reports and Forecasting to treasury accounting and insurance issues to maintaining and producing standard and ad-hoc reports from the system. There are also a number of projects that may crop up to get involved in and we envisage the role adapting and also being a good step into the wider finance team if the opportunity arises.
Duties and responsibilities:
• This role will be responsible for some month end activities such as foreign exchange postings and analysis and analysing other costs such as our large taxi spend
• Maintenance and management of the in-house system which supports our management accountants
• Assisting with monthly Board and quarterly forecast packs as well as assisting in the preparation of the Budget and 3 year plan
• Cash flow maintenance – daily and weekly analyses feeding into the monthly cash flow statement
• Uploading and ensuring accuracy of forecasts and budgets into the finance system
• Support the Systems Accountant in controls over Integra authorisation and set-up/reports
Improving processes where identified– reporting, management, control and accounting
• Ensure compliance with internal controls and maintenance of a strong internal control environment
• Develop an understanding of insurances and provide support to the Head of Financial Reporting when required
• Assistance with the compilation and submission of annual tax and quarterly VAT returns liaising with external advisors as appropriate
• Deal with insurance queries especially with our constantly changing productions team, providing a finance link between the business and our brokers
• Completing the Office of National Statistics surveys
• Completing the Annual Returns and other ad hoc statutory requirements
• CIMA or ACCA part qualified looking to learn in a multitude of finance areas in a Group team, or have a few years of experience in a finance role
• Clear understanding of financial controls and importance of data integrity
• Experience in management accounts or reporting
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong Excel and data manipulation skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• Deal effectively with both financial and operational management and staff at various levels
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're interested in this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job