Kobalt Music is looking for a proactive, professional, and ambitious Senior Finance Assistant to work closely with the Songwriter Services and Neighbouring Rights team that offers end-to-end solutions for composers, artists, publisher & labels, to support the day-to-day running of these business areas.
You will be the "go-to/fix-it" person as you interact with the wider business on reconciliation as well as external auditors on audit file preparations. Working in our finance team requires a flexible and adaptable individual who thrives in a fast-paced and ever evolving environment as the role offers great opportunity to grow and develop and is expected to work across all Kobalt Business Units over time.
The successful candidate will have some working experience in a finance team, as well as a desire to begin or continue with ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualifications. In return, you gain valuable experience working with a close-knit and high calibre accounting team as the role offers great development for those at the start of their accounting careers in the exciting sectors of both music and technology.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
We’re currently over 400 people based across 10 offices and we’re expecting to grow. That’s where you come in. If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today and tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES A SENIOR FINANCE ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Monthly and quarterly preparation of royalty related balance sheet reconciliations (client advances and client payables and royalty holding accounts)
- Preparation of quarterly audit files
- Assist in intercompany reconciliations
- Weekly variance analysis on royalty receipts against budget
- Assist in preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Ad-hoc tasks and projects as required to support Finance Managers
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 1+ year working in a finance function
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong team player
- Great awareness of deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience interacting with multiple departments
- Strong Excel skills
- Degree educated as well as a desire to begin/continue with ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Aptitude for working with large volumes of numerical data
- Purchase ledger experience is desirable
- Experience using NetSuite is desirable
Most important is that you are ambitious and flexible and can adapt to a growing and changing department!
In 2017, Kobalt won Independent Publisher of the Year at the Music Week Awards (UK). Kobalt Music Group was recognised as the 2013 ASCAP Publishing Administrator of the Year and in 2014 our industry leading Portal web application won the "Innovation in Publishing" award at the MusicAlly awards.
Through recent acquisitions, Kobalt has become the largest Neighbouring Rights agency globally.
- Advanced Excel
- Balance Sheet
- Purchase Ledger
- Statutory Accounts
- Variance Analysis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job