Senior Finance Analyst - Edinburgh
Salary - c. £29,000 - £41,000 with Excellent Benefits Package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst (Financial Operations) to join our financial services client in Edinburgh on permanent basis.
The main purpose of this role will be to undertake day-to-day activities of financial operations, and be regognised as an SME on Financial Ops processes and controls.
- Preparing, reviewing & processing journals, accruals & prepayments.
- Performing & producing monthly consolidation of reconciliation across multiple entities
- Analytical reviews to highlight trends & issues
- Reviewing Trial Balances & reconciliations challenging any breaks
- Producing MI & dashboards
- Utilising technical knowledge to support team and business on more complex transactions and queries
- Ensuring controls and systems are working in line with expectations whilst investigating escalated issues
- Production and subsequent review of expenses reporting models for monthly reporting, review of expenses charging model reconciliations and outputs
- Preparing audit & risk plans; key point of contact for auditors at year end
- Leading reviews for Sox principles & controls, highlighting and documenting changes
- Representing financial operations on local & corporate initiatives - articulating requirements, performing testing and business readiness
- Leading and nurturing relationships with relevant finance, business areas & third parties; highlighting process issues whilst improving working processes and controls.
- Actively contributing to analysis of team capacity plans, training & development plans
- Working closely with and deputising for manager as & when required
- Using technical knowledge to lead the delivery of training across the team
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally possess or be working towards a professional accounting qualification (Chartered Accountant or equivalent), with significant experience of technical accounting / finance operations.
- Excellent breadth & depth of knowledge of Financial Services accounting - life, pensions, investment
- Significant experience of working in a technical accounting team
- Excellent knowledge of banking processes and systems
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills, the ability to openly discuss solutions with a diverse audience.
- Experience of dealing with complex transactions and associated accounting
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact /
- operations; processes; controls; consolidation; technical
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'