Established in the UK in 2007, Santander Operations (formerly Geoban) provides Operational Services to more than 14 million Santander UK customers (4.6 million 1 | 2 | 3 World customers), and 600,000 business and corporate customers. With over 3,000 employees, Santander Operations is based at over 10 UK sites supporting over 800 Santander UK branches.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a vendor management finance analyst reporting to the Finance Manager. Santander Operations UK is responsible for managing operations activity on behalf of Santander UK companies. Based on the experience reached over the last 5 years, and with a global management vision, the company offers services for specific operational areas, or the full range of back office banking operations.
You will be responsible for oversight and governance from an end to end financial management point of view of key suppliers for the bank. These c50 suppliers cover movement of paper/cash/cheques etc. both within Santander and to its customers (c£160-170m)
The Role, Key Responsibilities and Relationships
- To provide financial support to the Vendor Management / Cash & ATM teams and managers. Specifically:
- Co-ordination of the Vendor managed annual budget with business leads for budget approval. The Vendor Management budget of c£160-170m covers a range of services (Print, Post, cheque, cash, Post Office services etc.) for the group.
- Co-ordination of month end variance analysis of budget vs. actuals and commentary in order to report both internally and to finance with a full understanding of all Vendor managed budgets, costs and movements covering month, YTD and full year forecasting incl risks and ops management.
- Management / oversight of supplier end to end financials covering purchase orders for approval to spend with a supplier via an authorisation committee to end to end financial control and ensure no delays in payment of bank suppliers
- Governance and oversight of month end journals and accruals ensuring accuracy and ensure reconciliation is in place for all invoices that are recharged out to multiple cost centres across the bank
- Ensure costs accurately reflect the relevant entity that drives that cost (e.g. Retail/Corporate entities)
- Management/Co-ordination of end of year accounting process for the Bank covering vendor managed costs in liaison with key finance partners to ensure the numbers are robust.
- Pro-active reporting / forecasting to be done to identify if a purchase order will breach and raise further purchase orders, if required, in a timely manner and help resolve financial issues, where required.
- Management/oversight of the Gesban team (financial accounting team) / vendor analyst teams to ensure the month end accounting process is robust and achieves the month end timetable and dealing with key stakeholders
- Actively seek out process improvement opportunities in order to make improvements to the end to end process for vendor cost approvals, invoicing approvals, monthly recharges and monthly accruals.
- Support production of annual Link cost study return
- A key understanding of all these services (cost drivers) is required to assist in the end to end management of these budgets
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Required
- Minimum part qualified management accountant
- Capability to support a high performance vendor management team with a variety of demands.
- Ability and confidence to work with all areas of the business (including finance teams) at a wide range of levels
- Good communication skills (ability to deal with people at different levels)
- Strong PowerPoint and excel skills
- Strong analytical, organisational and time management/prioritisation skills
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills required to manage key stakeholders both within Santander Operations and the bank
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently and also collaboratively with a team
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
If you have the necessary skill set please do not hesitate to apply on line today