A market leading, retail business based in London is seeking to appoint a Senior Finance Analyst to join the Retail Finance team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and challenge performance for relevant areas of income, cost and investment decisions, with the objective of maximizing POL profitability
- Evaluate and challenge the team on monthly performance of sales and net income
- Review and challenge specific areas of overheads cost base, articulating variances and recommending remedial action for areas of overspend
- Produce insightful month end variance analysis to inform upwards reporting to the Functional leadership team and Financial Control team
- Input to budgeting and forecasting process for function to deliver a robust plan
- Build and understanding of Product P&Ls articulating the results to key stakeholders in the functional teams
- Provide expert advice and an independent view to the Finance Leadership Team, CFO and functional lead team
- Provide modelling support for business cases
- Evaluate business cases for investment decisions - challenge assumptions and ensure compliance with POL governance processes
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) and minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Good understanding of finance systems (particularly SAP and Business Objects packages)
- "senior finance analyst"; "finance analyst"; "ACA"; "ACCA"; "CIMA"; "retail"; "commercial finance"; "fp&a"