'The MSO mission is to fulfil customer desire for exclusivity in their choice of McLaren,’ - Ansar Ali, MSO Managing Director.
McLaren Special Operations create cars around an owner’s precise tastes, and provide everything from bespoke customisation options through to building ultra-exclusive limited-edition or one-off breath-taking models.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven individual to join our McLaren Special Operations finance team to support the Finance Manager with McLaren Special Operations (MSO).
Purpose of the role:
As a Senior Finance Analyst you be responsible for providing support to the finance manager to cover all areas of the McLaren Special Operations element of McLaren Automotive. You will be responsible for managing and reporting spend against budgets & forecasts whilst also looking into how we continue to develop our recently implemented SAP system.
- Lead and drive budget reviews with all key stakeholders
- Provide consistent, accurate and timely financial information and analysis on MSO financial performance
- Support the preparation and development of annual Budgets, 10 year Business Plans and Quarterly forecasts for MSO
- Assist with the development and reporting of appropriate KPI’s across MSO
- Month-end activities including posting journals, accruals, prepayments and providing BVA commentary to the Finance Manager
- Challenge stakeholders to drive accountability, as well as providing them with the tools necessary to track progress against their financial targets and most importantly, allow them to keep within agreed budgets
- Preparation and ownership of relevant financial reports, including meaningful variance analysis which is able to stand up to high levels of scrutiny and challenge
- Understanding of the numbers, and ability to articulate this to both Financial and Non-financial colleagues
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- A newly Qualified Accountant with relevant commercial/engineering experience (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Effectively communicate across all levels of the business from director level downwards
- Confident with offering constructive challenges to senior managers concerning budgets and cost controlling
- Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel (Pivot tables, vlookups, formulas, etc)
- To be able to work on multiple projects and tasks with various senior stakeholders
- Experience of accounting systems, ideally SAP
- Pro-active, passionate, confident and ambitious individual
- Ability to work with operational (non-financial) colleagues
- Persistence and drive to get the job done
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Flexible approach to working
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our aim to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
At McLaren Automotive we are constantly looking to improve. To become the employer of choice we are always looking to develop our employee offerings. We currently offer a range of benefits to employees at all levels of the business including Private Healthcare, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Personal Lease Car Scheme. We also offer a range of discounts with our partner organisations.