We're proud to be partnering a leading Wealth Management company whose roots can be traced back to the start of the London Stock Exchange. They have experienced significant growth in their client funds and now offer a wide range of services for their clients.
They are looking for a Senior Finance Analyst to join their team. The role is paying £65-75k with 25% bonus + bens.
In tandem with the firm's strategy, the Finance department is developing and enhancing its capabilities. The department has recently implemented new systems, completed a review of the team structure, renewed processes and controls and established greater engagement with our internal and external clients. This is an exciting time to be part of the firm's Finance department and we expect new joiners to be an integral and key part of designing, delivering and leading the continued development and change.
The responsibilities include all of those functions expected of a listed company Finance team. The department will consist of approximately 30 staff, the majority of whom are qualified accountants, or will be in the process of studying for professional qualifications. The roles are based in the head office in the City of London, which provides a dynamic and varied backdrop to life. Key to the success of our new strategy will be a focused investment in people to ensure we have the right competencies to deliver our objectives.
- To support the senior leadership of Brewin Dolphin in the delivery of high quality financial analysis, presentation of financial information and financial modelling
- To work independently, build relationships and communicate responsibly at all levels
- To focus on delivering a high quality, insightful end product at all times.
The Finance Department is split up into number of specialist teams:
- Accounts Payable
- Business Management
- External Financial Reporting
- Financial Control
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Treasury and Tax
- Provide support for the Finance Business Manager in the following key areas:
- Board reporting
- Investor Relations
- Compensation modelling
- Financial modelling and Financial analysis
- Performance measurement and monitoring of businesses in transition or non-core businesses, when relevant
Over time, the candidate is expected to take full responsibility for some of the above areas.
- Provide timely support for the Finance Director, Head of Finance and the wider finance team as necessary
- Provide timely finance related support for, and build strong relationships with, other departments within Brewin Dolphin e.g Legal, Marketing, HR, Risk & Compliance, Operations, Co.Sec
- Become a 'subject matter specialist' in key areas covered above to provide support and input in to key decision making of the firm
- Educated to degree level
- Good academic background, with strong A levels
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA preferred but not essential if candidate has another relevant professional qualification