About Macdermid Graphics Solutions:
As a part of Element Solutions Inc (NYSE: ESI), MacDermid Graphics Solutions is a global leader in the manufacturing and marketing of photo-polymer plates and plate-making systems for the package printing industry. Our technologies, processes, equipment, and services are utilized in flexographic printing applications by global market leaders to produce high quality graphics in the flexible packaging; folding carton; corrugated; and tags & labels markets.
From analogue to digital, liquid to sheet, solvent to thermal, we offer our commercial packaging customers a choice when it comes to selecting the best plate processing method for their specific printing and packaging applications.
To elevate brand equity, graphic identity, and product information to the next level, major consumer goods manufacturers and their packaging supply chain partners from all over the world count on MacDermid for a full range of printing plate solutions to help their products stand out.
Responsible for providing a 24-hour on call service to troubleshoot and diagnose system failures, malfunctions and breakdowns. Required to assess customer support needs remotely as well as attend site breakdowns which includes appropriate resourcing of parts and equipment, in addition to carrying out scheduled, preventative maintenance predominately at our major client’s locations in the Dijon region but also additional customer sites throughout France and southern Europe.
- Deliver routine maintenance requirements to continuously improve performance of the equipment at remote customer premises
- Accountable for the completion of assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Ensure emergency call-outs at customer sites, being the face of MacDermid at Customer premises resolving issues in a timely and effective manner
- Use remote diagnostics to trouble shoot issues at Customer Sites using SightCall
- Be aware and highlight any safety issues for which engineering intervention may assist
- Conduct analysis of equipment and report potential issues/failures
- Request parts/equipment to carry out maintenance works.
- Implement improvement plans as designated by the Engineering and Projects Manager
- Maintain site standards in areas of maintenance, installation of new equipment, modifications, testing, inspection
- Ensure all machinery/repairs/modifications conform with Health & Safety requirements
- Ensure Health & Safety of self and others
- Responsible for filing reports, travel expenses and monthly summary reports in a timely manner
- Ensure the company CRM and other record-keeping systems contain accurate and reliable information and are always fully up to date
- 5+ years in similar level position with similar processes
- French mother tongue with very good English level for reporting to UK management team
- Experience of working in a multi-skilled maintenance role requiring mechanical and some electrical knowledge/’know-how’. Some level of understanding PLC systems required
- Understanding of general engineering/maintenance principles and techniques
- Experience in automated systems and pre-press in the packaging industry, ideally troubleshooting flexographic plate and print issues
- Ability to work on own initiative with no supervision
- Analytical and structured, requires good attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- IT skills in the use of remote diagnostics to troubleshoot issues at Customer sites
- Fully confident in other IT and technical systems, including general MS Office applications
- Customer Support
- Field Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'