Would you like to work for a scientific organisation allowing further development and training?
My client a scientific organisation based on the outskirts of Sudbury are looking for a 'Field Service Engineer' to join there existing team due to growth.
They have a diverse customer base from emergency response and rescue sites to waste recycling and energy renewal sites, it is essential that the equipment and services provided are reliable, accurate and robust.
The role of a field service engineer is crucial - you would be involved in installing, calibrating and repairing on site equipment, providing an excellent service to our customers, and ensuring that our high standards and commitment to safe working practices are maintained at all times.
Our engineers act as ambassadors for our company, enhancing customer satisfaction, minimising risk and driving efficiency in delivery and cost.
You will be 'on the road' 70% of the time with the rest of the time in the office - you must reside within commutable distance of thier offices.
Main Duties Include:
* Field services: Provide field service support for customers within the UK.
* Pre-installation preparation: Ensure that equipment is tested and compliant prior to installation, and that necessary site risk assessments have been carried out.
* Installation planning: Carry out equipment building and testing. Ensure that site surveys, information with regards to site facilities and full documentation of systems are up-to-date and available to allow for efficient installations.
* On-site installations: Complete on-site installations and commissioning of monitoring equipment and services.
* On-site training: Carry out systems and software training to designated contacts at each customer site.
* Systems repairs and maintenance: Provide scheduled and reactive on-site repair and maintenance services to equipment and software.
* Reports and documentation: Provide accurate and timely visit reports to both internal management and customers.
* Customer communication: Ensure that customers are fully briefed on planned installations, enquiries and issues are dealt with promptly, and that communication is well documented.
* Internal communications: Maintain, update and publish key customer data and information in our in-house CRM and Sage systems.
Qualifications and Education Required
* Minimum 3-5 years in a field service environment.
* A recognised electronics/mechanical qualification (HNC/ONC/NVQ Level 3-4 or equivalent).
* Strong working knowledge of operating systems, PC hardware and software including MS Office Applications.
* Ability to travel across the UK.
* Full, clean driving licence.
* Professional, confident and approachable.
* Must be flexible with regards to working hours and have consistent drive to tackle day to day work tasks.
* The ability to plan, prepare and act decisively.
* Proven ability to diagnose complex system failures and propose effective solutions.
* An effective communicator who is customer focused, creative and proactive.
* Self-motivated and able to work individually or as part of a team.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office Applications: Excel, Word, Outlook.
* Ability to prioritise, adapt and work to strict deadlines.
* Competitive salary - 35hrs week basic - you are paid door to door and therefore travel time is included in your day.
* Overtime and travel allowance (overtime is paid at time and a half)
* Transport provided
* Full training and potential for professional development
* 21 days annual leave
- Please note this role covers the UK and you will be required to stay away from home 2/3 days a week - all overnight accommodation is paid for including a £15 per night food allowance.
- You will receive a company van and all tools are provided.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading organisation.
- Field engineer