I have had an excellent new position become available for a Senior Family Support Worker in your area! Whether you are a Support Worker with years and years of experience or a newly qualified Social Worker looking to gain experience and get your foot in the door with an excellent County Council then this could be the ideal role for you.
My client is one of the largest local authorities in the UK and provides a broad range of services. They are currently at the start of a significant transformation agenda to improve the way they ensure positive outcomes for all of the communities and working in partnership with all public sector organisations across the County.
- To work with children, their families and carers to promote stability enabling children to stay safe.
- To work with children, their families and carers to maintain positive relationships.
- To safeguard and promote individual young people’s welfare and rights, providing good quality services which are free from oppressive features.
- To undertake flexible and imaginative approaches in offering support to children, their families and carers.
- To work with children, their families and carers to promote good outcomes for children.
- In respect of Looked After Children, to complete Life Story Work and prepare young people for new placements.
- To support families and young people where there is a risk of placement breakdown.
- To take case responsibility for cases where there is not a requirement that this is held by a social worker.
- To support the completion of relevant assessments under the specific direction of a social worker/senior practitioner/Team coordinator or Team Manager.
- To participate in Planning Meetings and Reviews and all other relevant meetings
- If required, on occasion give evidence in both civil and criminal Court proceedings.
- To take responsibility for the accurate recording all of the work undertaken on the electronic case file
- To participate in team meetings, supervision sessions and training where appropriate.
- To work as a member of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- To use IT resources as required.
- To actively contribute to the on-going development of the service, commensurate with the grade of the post.
- In exceptional circumstances and following a risk assessment to stay overnight in the homes of children and families for whom we are providing a service.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post although suitable adjustments will be made in line with the Disability Discrimination Act.
The Successful Candidate must have the following:
- Minimum of NVQ3 in respect or working with children and families or equivalent
- Ideally 2 year’s experience of working directly with children and families - this can statutory or agency
- Good IT knowledge
- Ability to effectively communicate with children, their families and carers
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with service users and other professionals
- Car driver
- Able to fully register with RT Social Care
- Start ASAP
- Hourly rate of £14.45 per hour
- Full time Monday to Friday
- 37 hours a week
- 3 months with the view to extend
If you are available and keen on the above position please do contact me/apply at your earliest convenience. I know this role will not remain available for long therefore please do get in touch right away to avoid any disappointment.
If you have any queries please feel free to contact Carl Taylor on 0 1 9 9 2 5 3 5 7 7 0.
If this job is not for you then please feel free to pass this on to your friends/ family or colleagues as you will receive £250 once they have started.
Looking for work but want something different? Let me know what you are looking for and I will do my utmost to help you.
Many thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'