Senior Facilities Administrator - £18.20ph plus Hol Pay - Central London
Start ASAP for three months initially
Are you experienced within Facilities Management and looking for a new role? How would you like the opportunity to join one of London’s leading Universities as a temporary member of staff?
SUMMARY OF THE POST
The main purpose of this post is to manage the day-to-day operations of the facilities team and ensure effective and efficient use of departmental space.
- To maintain a comprehensive list of all the department’s space projects and plans and to provide detailed regular reports on progress.
- Maintaining a summary of those projects in routinely updated documents for reference, reporting on the these to stakeholders.
- To routinely update the department’s Space Database and ensure that all details are accurate.
- To ensure that records regarding departmental furniture and keys are accurate.
- To compile and return annual space data returns for full costing purposes and any other data audits.
- To work closely with management, in order to manage the Department’s space, optimising and maximising utilisation of the space and making best use of facilities and equipment.
- To provide timely and proactive reports and information on space related metrics and activities.
- To update the department’s intranet site with routinely updated floor plans.
- To scope out, cost and manage the local budgets for the department’s minor works activity.
- To scope the space requirements necessitated by academic staff, providing comprehensive details on key metrics and details. For example, floor space required, installations of new equipment, refurbishment works etc.
- To develop a departmental Space Management Policy.
- To maintain a departmental space risk register and propose plans for the mitigation and/or management of those risks.
- To coordinate activities to ensure that suitable space is available for academics, students, researchers and professional services.
- To service the department’s Space and Premises Committee. This includes arranging meetings, drafting terms of reference agendas, minute taking and following up on actions.
- To coordinate the Space Committee’s annual space audit to review the utilisation of space and determine whether it is being used effectively and if any remedial works are required.
- To coordinate the financial aspects of the department’s space and estates portfolio. For example, budgeting for staff office requirements, removals, minor estates works, obtaining estimates, expansion/conversion of new/existing research laboratory space.
- To negotiate the purchase and contractual arrangements for general departmental equipment, including photocopiers, fax machine, water dispenser, coffee machine etc. Arranging engineer call-outs for faults, maintenance etc. as appropriate.
- To monitor, report on and authorise transactions for the core budgets: office running costs, premises costs.
- To procure departmental and office supplies, including signage, stationery and refreshments. This includes creating and approving purchase requisitions and then subsequently receipting them.
- To liaise with the departmental Finance Team to set up new suppliers.
Facilities Management and Services
- To manage the department’s spare key system.
- To liaise with Access Systems and the Security Office on matters regarding departmental security and access, ensuring that all departmental access policies are accurately recorded and reviewed annually.
- To coordinate and deliver the provision of a professional operational service for departmental facilities.
- To use the Services System to request and revoke access to services for staff and visitors to the department, e.g. computer accounts, building and library access, telephone numbers.
- To ensure that there is appropriate facilities support for the different buildings e.g. office management of post, stationery, maintenance, furniture, equipment, signage supplies, monitoring utilisation and condition of space and handling and reporting queries and problems.
- To plan and procure all departmental furniture and signage.
- To work closely with Estates project managers and service providers (e.g. cleaning, waste management, security) to ensure efficient facilities management of the department’s footprint.
- To ensure the department’s telephone requirements are met and in line with policy. This includes updating departmental telephone listings.
- To develop, plan and deliver a 'facilities and health and safety induction’ for all new starters.
Health and Safety
- To maintain an awareness and observation of Fire, Health and Safety Regulations.
- To coordinate the Departmental Major Incident Plan, ensuring that the Plan is kept up-to-date, and that any changes are communicated.
- To work closely with the Departmental Safety Officer to help ensure that health and safety and emergency procedures operate effectively across the department’s buildings.
- To serve as one of the department’s Display Screen Assessors.
- To manage the facilities support team for the department and to ensure the successful delivery of all support services.
- To promote a customer service culture across the faciliti
- Budget Management
- Facilities Management
- Space Management
- Line Management