About the Client
A leading company in the field of flexible building. Specialists in providing modular construction solutions, they translate their clients' wishes into (semi) permanent accommodation solutions for every market sector. They have strong business units in the Netherlands, Germany and now look to put their stamp on the UK market and attract the right caliber of staff to help them grow in the UK market. Due to the expansion, they are immediately looking for enthusiastic full-time Senior Estimator
About the Role
To provide detailed cost estimates and complete tender documentation, for offsite manufactured solutions.
As a Senior Estimator, you are responsible for drawing up the complete cost price budgets/calculations of potential projects. Within the set timeframe, you will work out budgets independently and as a team, and you will find it a challenge to translate the customer request into a solution.
You carry out price calculations of both direct and indirect costs and know how to substantiate these with your knowledge and experience. In addition, you are able to properly identify risks and make proposals for alternative solutions, for example, and you think along with them about saving opportunities, increasing efficiency, reducing failure costs and increasing safety.
What you need to succeed
- Construction related Degree
- Knowledge of the UK Buildings Regulations
- We will require experience in offsite solutions ideally
- You have excellent communication skills and a good knowledge of the English language in word and writing.
- You have structural insight, have knowledge of building processes and are strong in figures.
- You're analytical and meticulous
- You are solution-oriented, accurate and customer-oriented
- You can work well under pressure and you can work independently as well as in a team.
- A flexible attitude and no 9 to 5 mentality
- Overseeing projects to ensure costs remain in line with forecasts
- Compiling bids for work
- Calculating the cost of materials, transport, labour and equipment hire
- Obtaining quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Collating detailed price lists of everything needed on each construction project
- Clarifying the client's needs and expectations
- Reading tender documents
- Making use of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word and Autodesk DWG TrueView
- Assessing and adhering to all risk assessments and health and safety requirements
- Good Excel knowledge is a key requirement
- Keeping up to date with inflation, exchange rates and projected timescale costs
- Making visits to proposed construction sites
- Liaising with others including construction managers, planners and design teams
- Presenting bids to clients and answering their questions
- Completing work quality submissions
- Preparing and submitting quotations for work.
What you'll get in return
- A responsible and challenging position with plenty of room for personal initiative
- You work within a healthy and growing company with a pleasant working environment
- Opportunities for internal growth
- Training opportunities to further develop yourself in your field of expertise
- An excellent package of primary and secondary terms and conditions of employment
What you'll get in return
If you are enthusiastic about this position then I invite you to respond to this advert directly.
or call and ask for Ross
- Senior Estimator - Modular Construction - Residential - Swansea
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'