Are you looking for an opportunity with a leading national business? If the answer is YES, our client are recruiting in Bellshill and this could be the ideal role for you.
Our client’s employees have been shaping the world around us for more than 100 years, from the roads we drive on every day, to the buildings, airports, stadiums, offices and hospitals we live in and work in. They are very proud of their history and what makes it the company it is today. Our client also have huge ambitions for the future and want to continue growth and innovation to remain at the leading edge of their industry They offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards. Our client are looking for people who share this passion, enthusiasm and collaborative approach to join their team of over 7,000 employees across the UK. As part of a global business in CRH, the career opportunities are limitless.
Joining the team as a Senior Estimator you will be entitled to a highly competitive basic salary and a great range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
- Training and development opportunities
What are our client looking for?
Our client are looking for people who are enthusiastic, passionate about success and hold health and safety as their number one priority. They are looking for someone who has experience of operating as an Estimator with senior responsibilities, preferably line management, within a civil engineering and or surfacing environment. Ideally candidates will have an academic history at Degree level or qualified by experience in the industry.
To be successful, candidates will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience with Estimating / Costing Systems - (Causeway preferable)
- IT Literate Word Excel, Project, Powerpoint, Google
- Operational Technical Knowledge
- Product Technical Knowledge
- Experience of leading and developing a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Health & Safety NEBOSH / IOSH awareness
- Compliance with Company procedures & QA requirements
What will I be responsible for?
The successful person will be responsible for the development of the business unit estimating strategy that will support the effective delivery of the commercial elements of the National Contracting business plan and objectives. You will be expected to provide leadership and guidance to the team to ensure that objectives and targets are achieved and to identify and secure key commercial opportunities to lead to delivering budgeted volumes, margin expectations and growth. As the Senior Estimator, you will be expected to ensure the team create robust competitive tenders for submission that take into account the business capability, capacity, financial opportunity and technical & contractual risk.
Some other key accountability's will be:
- To take a lead role in identifying and securing a pipeline of opportunities to secure a long term work bank
- Undertake pre-contract commercial reviews with the Operations and QS teams to identify opportunities and risk within proposed future contracts
- Manage the production and submission of all tender information relating to commercial functions, including external commercial consultancy resources
- Encourage and promote the use of alternative sustainable internal materials
- Manage and develop beneficial commercial relationships with new and existing customers/clients in order to develop and expand market share in line with the national commercial strategy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'