£50K-£60K + Package
Randstad are pleased to be working closely with one of the UK's fastest growing contractors. The company have exceeded their project value target from their North West office in 2015/2016 and are continuing to grow. Due to their success and exponential growth the client is searching for a talented and professional Senior Estimator who wants to take the next step in their career with an established and ever expanding contractor.
They deliver advanced solutions in the construction, civil engineering and multi-utility sectors. This proud history, spanning over a century gives their team a permanent reminder of the need to uphold the traditions and reputation of one of the UK's most respected civil engineering contractors. To address an expanding workload, they are looking to further develop their service provision in the North West by getting an additional Senior Estimator.
- Involved in and oversee the whole process from tender submission and negotiation to securing project/contracts
- Carry out material take offs and send out enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers for each tender. May be required to do Bill of Quantity take offs for certain drawing and specification tender opportunities
- Price up all rates from basic principles broken down on a labour, plant, materials and subcontract basis
- Send out sub-contract enquiries / compare and interrogate sub contract quotations
- Price up all preliminary items for each tender in advance of finalisation with the Directors
- Excellent knowledge of various forms of Construction Contracts (NEC/JCT/ICE)
- Good working knowledge of Excel / bespoke Estimating software such as Conquest.
- Attend pre-award / pre-contract meetings
- Attend internal handover meetings to contract management
- Ability to undertake several estimates simultaneously and complete to agreed deadlines.
- Analysis of tender documentation, interaction with Consultant Engineers, Architects and Clients
- Car or car allowance,
- 24 days holiday(excluding Bank Holidays)
- Life Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Childcare vouchers,
- Discounted football match tickets.
The ideal candidate will be seeking a role in a medium sized successful business and wants to progress to a Chief Estimator position overseeing the estimating department at some stage in their career. If you believe that candidate could be you please apply now to Seif El Zarka either via linkedin: or by phone:
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Senior Estimator