Senior Estimator - Digital & Litho Print
Negotiable - depending on experience
I am currently with a reputable client who is responsible for delivering marketing campaigns, though print, to market.
They are currently looking for and Experienced Senior Estimator who will need to be very client focussed with excellent commercial acumen. It isn't a standard print estimating role, you will be tasked with being creative with estimating, looking for 'best' solutions for the company and the client, not just the standard ones.
You will also need to be very operational with an excellent understanding of the issues presented in production.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Managing print projects from briefs through to production and despatch.
- Attending production planning meetings, to brief production teams on current and upcoming jobs
- Estimating jobs within the parameters set by the Head of Commercial & Innovation, adhering to client profile criteria that dictate SLAs and pricing standards.
- Continually developing own knowledge of current and new print and finishing methods and technologies as well as new and existing substrates.
- Exploring best methods for producing a printed item that both delivers and, where possible, exceeds client expectations.
- Advising and guiding clients and Customer Services Team on 'best practice' within print and finishing, from design through to despatch methods.
- Processing orders in adherence to company Standard Operating Procedures.
- Purchasing materials to fulfil orders processed.
- Monitoring own performance in accordance with departmental KPIs such as estimate turnaround time, milestone accuracy, estimate to order time.
- Monitoring and reporting on commerciality of estimates and jobs, including, but not exclusive to, Value Add, profitability, capture of actual versus estimated production timings and stock usage.
- Continually looking for and suggesting areas for improving company processes and procedures.
- Being proactive with clients and Client Service team pre-empting their requirements and sharing new ideas and product ideas.
- Attending and contributing to weekly departmental meetings.
- Contributing to product development and the implementation of new processes.
- Suggesting of potential new products and processes to improve business revenue.
- Maintaining knowledge of mailing and despatch options to correctly estimate and advice client and Client Services team of the 'fit for purpose' and most cost-effective delivery method.
- Print Estimating MIS software - ideally Tharstern
- Digital & Litho press capabilities
- Variable Data printing
- Exposure to production scheduling processes
- Working in a standardised quality environment (ISO, BSM etc.)
- Team player
- Passionate approach to work
- Commercially minded
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Agility, able to manage multiple priorities and schedules
- Innovative and solutions driven
For more information, please contact Izabella on .