Senior Estimator (45-65k) - Cambridge
One of the region’s leading building contractors who are based outside of Cambridge are looking to recruit a senior/experienced Estimator to join there busy commercial team. They work within most sectors within a 60 mile radius of Cambridge such as residential, heritage, commercial, education with projects ranging up to CIRCA £15 million in value As a business they have an established a reputation for high quality work, it’s a reputation they are extremely proud of and one they work hard to maintain.
Based from the Cambridgeshire office you will be working and assisted by the Commercial Director and Operations Director you will be responsible for estimating and securing the required turnover.
- To manage the Estimating process to ensure work is undertaken to qualitative performance standards and in a timely manner, to ensure consistently accurate estimates to meet or exceed the business goals.
- To plan and organize the work to ensure at all times that it meets timely and qualitative objectives.
- To ensure that the Company policies and procedures for the business are followed.
- To provide advice and support to Estimating team/business wide as appropriate.
- Review jobs to strengthen the bid process and taking advantage of any competitive edge.
- Take ownership for the timely processing of Subcontractors enquiries liaising with supply chain team.
- Evaluating of Subcontractors quotations and producing competitive costs for packages where quotations are
- In conjunction with the Head of Commercial regularly review of supply chain performance and taking any action required regarding discrepancies.
- Ensure that the tender risks in relation to all contracts are correctly identified and accounted for, and review lost tenders to see why, how and where improvements can be made.
- Encourage and develop the competent use of data spreadsheets and databases in order to maximize the efficient sourcing and collection of data to enable the production of accurate cost estimates to time.
- Measurement and preparation of accurate quantities from appropriate Supply Chain Partners in order to ensure maximum competitive edge with a view to supporting maximum tender success.
- Ensure tender internal handover process is followed and ensure that pricing levels support the business goals.
- Meet and liaise regularly with Head of Commercial for regular reviews and updates
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a very reputable and award winning contractor who have been going from strength to strength over the past couple of years. On offer is a very attractive package and the chance to work on some very diverse/interesting projects
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job