**CONSIDERATION WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WHO WOULD LIKE PART TIME HOURS**
My client. a thriving South East London council, are recruiting an experienced Senior Estates Surveyor on a temporary basis (6-month initial contract).
To be responsible on behalf of the Directorate for managing and controlling the various valuation and estate functions, including identifying new opportunities and obtaining agreement to pursue those, managing procurement and other commercial processes to enable the valuation and estate staffs to deliver the required outcomes.
To be responsible for the management, control and development of a full range of professional valuation and estate management services and property portfolios, ensuring that positive trends are delivered against the agreed KPIs.
To purchase, sell, lease and manage land and property for the Council including fulfilling the Council’s corporate objectives under the Council’s Regeneration, Accommodation and Asset Management plan for the next 25 years.
The succesful candidate:
**Must be qualified (MRICS) chartered surveyor with experience in both Landlord & Tenant and Planning & Development work**
and be able to:
1) Proactively manage the letting of the clients commercial units
2) Proactively research, create business cases, and implement opportunities in the short, medium and long term by acquiring suitable property and land for income/development.
3) Identify, create business cases for, and drive forward the suitable development of any relevant assets by appointing architects, obtaining planning permission and procuring contractors and overseeing the development.
4) Review and where required, re-tender, all existing professional contracts
5) Actively manage and drive all contracts for performance
6) Report regularly to and take instruction from the clients Programme Team
7) Report regularly to Directors and Programme Team on budgets and financial forecasting
8) Liaise with the Asset Strategy Team to ensure actions and objectives are in line with the Council’s Asset Management Plan, following correct procedures and using appropriate systems.
9) Input into clients annual business plan
Ideally, my client would like to appoint someone to the role by the end of March
If you have the relevant senior level skills and experience and are available to start a new contract this month please do not hesitate in sending your CV at your earliest convenience.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business