BMI Clementine Churchill Hospital in Harrow is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Engineering Technician to join their team of staff in the Engineering department.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Current Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card at appropriate level of qualification. If electrically qualified, current Electro-technical Certification Scheme (ECS) Card required
- City& Guilds Part 3, HNC, NVQ Level 4 or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering essential.
- Time served apprenticeship in a Mechanical or Electrical engineering essential
- Understanding of Quality Management, customer satisfaction and the continuous improvement process desirable.
- Duel or multi-skilled with the core skills preferably Electrical.
- Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety guidelines and applicable statutes and ACOPs.
- Clear understanding of Legionella prevention requirements within Hospital buildings.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated high level of organisation & time management skills, particularly in an environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Sound fault finding techniques.
- Positive mind-set and a can-do attitude.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- The provision of Engineering Maintenance and breakdown support to hospital Cluster.
- Provide competent Technical, Health, Safety and Environmental support & assistance to ED’s and local Hospital Managers, Project Managers and / or Minor works Managers.
- Provide assistance to Engineering Technicians and Engineering Assistants in carrying out their role at all sites within cluster.
- To liaise with Hospital Operations Manager to support and advise on appropriate engineering cover on all cluster sites to meet SLA and on-call requirements.
- Liaise with all Engineering sub-contractors to ensure work is completed efficiently, effectively and safely and adequate records are retained on each site.
- Liaise with all Capital projects contractors to ensure work is completed efficiently, effectively and safely and adequate records are retained on each site.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.