- To manufacture required products in accordance with instructions detailed on works-orders, approved drawings and instructions.
- To safely operate all machinery within the department, undertaking in house safety training modules as your training progresses.
- To ensure that all safety practices are adhered to by anyone working in the department. To train others on and actively enforce the safety practices where required.
- To complete all necessary works-order documentation accurately and in line with current procedures.
- To undertake Machining ie Drilling, cutting using chop and band saws, turning and milling as required to the level your training allows. To undertake any additional training that the company or trade bodies required to maintain or enhance your skills and safety as required.
- In the absence of the Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor you may be required to issue works orders/instructions to the team under guidance from the Production Office.
- To assist, when requested by your Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor with the inspection of incoming raw materials in line with current procedures.
- To ensure all equipment, tools and working areas are kept clean and well maintained, ensuring all maintenance logs are filled and reporting any faults or breakdowns to your Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor
- To advise the department Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor of any damage or discrepancies with materials or finished stock
- To ensure that the factory is kept clean, tidy and presentable. Maintaining a safe working environment, reporting any building or machinery faults to your Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor.
- To actively undertake and encourage others with regard to the security of all tooling in the department. Ensure tooling cabinets are kept secure at the end of each day and inform your Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor of any discrepancies or issues regarding security within the department.
- To assist, at the request of your Supervisor, Manager or Assistant Supervisor in any other departments when required by seasonal demands and absence.
- To carry out as and when required any other duties to facilitate the effective operation of the company, or any reasonable request of your Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor or Manager.
Qualification’s Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in Sheet metal engineering
- Experience in bench machining
- Previous experience in welding and fabrication an advantage
- Engineering qualification would be an advantage
- Metal Fabrication
- Sheet Metal
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job