Job Title: Senior Engineering Buyer
Report to: Engineering Manager
Start date: March 2018
Purpose of the role
We are the London office of a diversified group with operations in over seven countries around the world. This position is within the London office in the Engineering Department. The successful candidate will be operating within a small international procurement team, involved with the procurement of Spare Parts and Assemblies for Engineering Industries in the Middle East. There will be opportunities for sourcing products from Europe and the Far East. Visiting the client organisation and key suppliers.
Key deliverables (Essential duties and responsibilities)
- As a member of the Engineering team you will be expected to liaise with one or two key clients.
- Act as a single point of contact between the internal customer and the Engineering team.
- Selection and development of vendors to best meet the specifications, quality and logistical requirements.
- Understand the internal customer’s requirements and float enquiries.
- Negotiate prices and draft terms and conditions of purchase.
- Implement cost control and improvement programmes with vendors to maximise profit contribution through effective purchasing and establishing commercial agreements.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Possibility to manage other Buyer’s within the department.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it truly reflects the strategic direction requirements of Longulf.
- Experienced buyer / purchaser with strong commercial understanding.
- Experience in engineering and allied products.
- Familiarity with INCO terms as this is an international Trading environment.
- Ability to evaluate suppliers and negotiate favourable terms of business.
- Degree in Engineering or a science subject with technical experience.
- Hands on ability to manage and enter enquiries, quotations and contracts onto computer systems.
- Numerate with high degree of computer literacy.
- Low cost region sourcing expertise is preferred, but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural setup.
- Experience of working on ERP Systems is highly desirable, with SAP Business One particularly beneficial.
- Ability to learn and deliver results.
- Extensive practical experience worked in a manufacturing / technical buying environment, experience of Cement Industry would be an added advantage.
5PM UK time on 6th March 2018. We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to submit your application as soon as possible.
Please note: We reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once a sufficient number of applications has been received.
How to apply
Application should include CV and cover letter stating how you meet each requirements and why you are interested in the role.