Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
You'll help build and manage software that solves engineering problems at scale. You’ll work in collaboration with other Xeros to help create and deliver beautiful software to our customers, faster.
You’ll be joining a brand new engineering pod here at Xero that will be focusing on Xero’s new business critical tax product as well as contributing to new or improved experiences for our customers, internal and external.
You’ll help maintain the standard for engineering excellence at Xero and support your team members in building products together. You’ll demonstrate leadership on best practices, and be a role model and mentor for other team members. You’ll contribute to our cross functional environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern principles and practices.
You’ll be enabled to seek clarity with technical complexities and be able to demonstrate smart ways to automate. You’ll be able to make data-driven decisions that will release value early to solve Xero customers' problems more effectively.What you’ll do
- Create software - Care deeply about customer problems and technical excellence, develop high quality and scalable software, and coach others to do the same. Relentlessly automate any manual processes. Contribute to technical solution designs that embrace a quality-first approach. Participate in code reviews as a role model for giving and receiving feedback.
- Test software - Design and perform sophisticated testing activities that effectively and efficiently reveal product quality across a range of risk areas and quality criteria. Coach team members to enable high quality testing in line with Xero’s quality strategy and standards.
- Resolve issues - Efficiently assess the causes and identify solutions for development or production issues, and effectively communicate the impact to stakeholders. Recognise common patterns of failure to mitigate issues before they reach production. Proactively participate in incident responses and contribute to post-mortems.
- Engineering standards & frameworks - Contribute to Xero's engineering standards and frameworks. Work closely with the Lead and Principal Engineers to apply standards to software and delivery processes.
- Continuous improvement - Proactively maintain, grow and share knowledge of development technologies used in the development of Xero’s software applications.
- Deliver infrastructure in a production environment - Champion automation of delivery processes. Coach and support engineers to ensure all software is running as expected and proactively works to prevent customer facing problems.
- Modern software and delivery practices - Be a proactive champion of agile and delivery practices who coaches and develops others in this space in order to ensure a consistent approach to ways of working.
- Recruitment - Participate in interviews and recruitment processes.
- Live Xero’s vision and values - Keep Xero’s vision and values at the forefront of decision-making and actions. Communicate and help others understand the importance of the vision and values. Translate the vision and values into day-to-day activities and behaviours.
- Communication skills - Proactively share information, actively solicit feedback, manage and facilitate communication if needed.
- Build relationships - Successfully build trust and credibility with stakeholders and team. Be seen as a key 'go to' person for advice.
- Growth mindset - Understand that competency is not fixed but is enhanced through dedication and hard work. Coach and provide feedback to others on development plans.
- Innovation and delivery - Proactively innovate and deliver technology in a team and solve customer problems through software.
- Coaching and mentorship - Teach small groups of engineers and contribute to Xero's shared knowledge base.
- Work collaboratively - Help individuals resolve difficult problems with empathy, exchange ideas, demonstrate conflict management skills.
- Self-learning - Maintains in-depth knowledge of advances and learnings in technologies relevant to Xero’s engineering environment.
- Experience in developing highly scalable cloud based applications.
- Experience of React is key and experience in developing against AWS would be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of SQL is important, experience with other data store technologies would be a benefit.
- Proven ability to contribute to internal ecosystems, build SDKs and libraries to enable other teams to integrate with their products.
- Able to debug across the entire Xero technology stack to unblock the team.
- Able to make major code design decisions for individual products.
- Highly proficient in the architecture and implementation of distributed systems. Ability to refactor complex, monolithic systems into scalable, resilient components.
- Proficient with CI/CD concepts and tooling.
- Strong advocate and teacher of TDD and automated tooling to safely and repeatedly release code.
- Ability to review and coordinate team processes to improve quality and strengthen feedback loops.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.<div
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'