nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Our Highways business deliver major transport and infrastructure projects nationally to drive sustainable development and economic growth. Many of our projects involve complex logistical challenges interfacing with multiple stakeholders and coordination with third parties. Adopting a partnering approach from the outset, we work collaboratively with both our clients and project stakeholders to develop optimal solutions that provide best value through reduced risk and efficient delivery.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Engineer within the Highways division. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Senior Engineer is responsible for setting out line and level control for a site including adherence to the Q&A procedure set in place. They will also be responsible for decimation of information to all trades over multiple disciplines.
They must be able to competently understand all civil engineering drawings and be able to spot potential areas either for error or for potential gain, programme and cost. They must be conversant in basic setting out and surveying techniques.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- To ensure Health & Safety are of paramount importance
- To regularly review project status ensuring all options have been considered and evaluated to improve construction performance.
- Ensure commercial challenge at all times
- Setting out (marking the position of structures) and levelling the site
- Surveying the site and locating buried services
- Checking drawings & quantities & ensuring that the calculations are accurate for the work
- Helping with the selection and purchase of materials for use in the construction and their value
- Planning the work and efficiently organising site facilities in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines
- Liaising with any consultants and / or sub-contractors engaged in the project
- Attending regular meetings with clients and consultants, and keeping them informed of progress
- Supervising and monitoring the site labour force and monitoring the work of any subcontractors
- Issuing any relevant permits and ensuring they are implemented correctly
- Overseeing quality control and safety matters on the site, and ensuring that regulations are up to date
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties, and other problems that may occur
- Promote Near Miss and Positive Intervention reporting
- Engage with Supply Chain
- Quality Assurance
- Development of strong team working relationships
- Helping to ensure all project KPI`s and KPM`s are achieved
- Upload documentation as and when necessary in line with business requirements to C:folders
- Ensuring compliance to Highways & Utilities procedures through weekly returns where required
- Cost risk management and early identification of problematic issues on site
- Bring innovative ideas
- Ensure weekly compliance with T2C information
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable qualification
- Heavy civil engineering experience is essential
- Highways site engineering experience is essential
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering principles
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'