Working under the direction of the Principle Engineers, the role will be part of the intelligent client Thames Water needs to be able to achieve its AMP7 ambitions and beyond.
Focusing on the Engineering discipline the role will provide the expertise needed to:
- Get the right technical requirements with the Project Definition Briefs and maximise value by understanding risks and providing mitigation.
- Input and continuously improve Technical Asset Standards.
- Provide Design sign-off to between Asset Management and Capital Delivery as the Delivery Stream dictates.
- Provide Technical assurance during the delivery, commissioning and hand over of Assets.
- Assessment of technical information and development of solutions, through the preparation of engineering deliverables such as reports, drawings, specifications, and datasheets.
- Management of the activities of multi-disciplinary project teams in accordance with project delivery procedures.
- Management of the delivery of project outputs to time, cost and quality through planning and forecasting resource requirements.
- Checking and review of team outputs.
- Coaching and mentoring others to ensure continuous improvement.
- Degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline and with professional Chartership.
- Extensive experience in the field of expertise.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience in leading project teams and accountability for project delivery.
- Fully competent at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software.
Capital Delivery: Engineering Our Future
The UK water industry is changing; tighter regulation, ambitious renewable energy targets and stretching leakage and efficiency targets make Thames Water a challenging, exciting and rewarding place to be as we deliver one of the UK’s biggest infrastructure programmes. The supply of wholesome drinking water and safe treatment of wastewater is critical to protecting our environment. We are passionate about our responsibility for successfully delivering innovative solutions from feasibility and design through to construction and therefore have opportunities right across the project lifecycle. Our people are the heartbeat of our business, and their wellbeing is our primary concern. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, innovative, energetic, and ready to rise to the challenge of working in the fastest growing and most densely populated part of the UK. These projects build upon the Victorian’s infrastructure that has served us so well and you can be part of making sure our legacy will make a difference to our customers now and in the future.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, a minimum of 26 days holiday per year increasing to a maximum of 30 days depending on grade and length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'