Overview:It’s an exciting time to join our Aircraft Simulation Group as we go through a period of growth. The Aircraft Simulation Group is responsible for the modelling and simulation of various avionics and aircraft systems that run on high fidelity full flight simulators.
As a Senior Engineer, specializing in the aircraft systems technical domain, you will provide or support the system design, software modelling, development, integration, test and delivery of the simulation components of our aircraft training devices. This potentially covers the full life cycle from requirements analysis through to customer acceptance and regulatory approval.
The simulations may range from new aircraft types through to legacy types. The simulators will often be brand new devices, but work could also include upgrades to existing in-service training devices.
The work could include simulator and computer architecture definition and design, software development, aircraft and avionics data analysis, the development of in-house models and the integration of software and hardware, the re-host, retarget and integration of third-party software and models from aircraft manufacturers and equipment vendors, software configuration management, programme integration and delivery, plus baseline management.
Tasks can range from original design all the way through to post-delivery support and technical warranty issues.
This role is within the Aircraft Simulation Group which is made up of the following areas: - Avionics Systems, Environment, Aircraft Systems, Instructor Operating Station, Legacy systems.
You will be working in a very challenging environment which focuses on continuous improvement of our processes, products and customer deliveries. To succeed in this role, you will ideally have a background in avionics or aircraft systems along with some software experience.
Core duties will involve, but not be limited to:
- Analysis of aircraft and equipment manufacturer’s data
- Software design/modification using appropriate software languages
- Integration of software and hardware systems
- Validation and verification of design implementation
- Testing, fault finding and problem rectification
- Interfacing with customers and aviation regulators
- Customer acceptance support (in-house & on-site)
At Senior Engineer level, it is expected that responsibilities will include:
- Working unsupervised
- Training and mentoring of graduate engineers
- Development of novel systems of medium complexity
- Planning and directing the work of others
- Supporting bids and technical proposals
- Performing peer reviews of others’ work, including code, design & document reviews
Essential skills and experience:
Typically recent significant technical experience in Aircraft Systems, particularly in areas such as,
ATA 21: Air conditioning and pressurisation
ATA 24: Electrical power
ATA 28: Fuel system
ATA 36: Pneumatics
- Good C/C++ programming skills
- Experience in real time software / firmware programming and integration
- An individual with drive, enthusiasm and can-do attitude coupled with the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated the ability to work unsupervised
- Strong verbal, presentation, written communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience in development lifecycles, systems engineering, formal testing, and verification and validation.
- Experience of CVS and/or Git software version control systems
- Will have demonstrated a high degree of technical expertise, problem solving skills, and innovation for areas of medium complexity of novel developments
- Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of various aircraft systems
- Other technical experience in Aircraft Systems, eg;
ATA 26: Fire protection
ATA 28: Fuel system
ATA 30: Ice and rain protection
ATA 32: Gear and brakes
ATA 35: Oxygen
ATA 36: Pneumatics
ATA 49: Auxiliary Power Unit
ATA 52: Doors
ATA 70: Engines
Qualification and educational requirements:
An appropriate engineering Degree or equivalent (with mathematics, science or engineering content specific to aviation/aerospace applications) or significant appropriate experience in the aviation/aerospace industry
Hours of work: Full time, Monday to Friday with shift working as required
L3 CTS believes strongly in supporting and investing in its employees’ professional development and runs a Professional Development Scheme (PDS) accredited by the following leading institutes, RAeS, IMechE and IET. The PDS is carefully structured to cater for both developing and experienced staff and will support and guide engineers through their professional development.
Note: This advert is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job title. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role. The employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the EEA. L3 CTS is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their background.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'