We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Engineer to join a successful and widely known UK leading contractor. A contractor who understands and appreciates that their people are the very nucleus of what really makes their business move, a contractor constantly raising industry standards and a contractor therefore known as one of the most desirable industry employers.
Reporting to the Project Manager you will currently be performing a Senior Engineer role, alternatively, you might be an experienced Site Engineer seeking your next career step. Either way, you will provide essential support for new and existing sites. Projects vary in value from £5m to in excess of £70m and are across a range of sectors within both building and civil engineering.
- Management and delegation of initial setting out on sites and mentoring junior Site Engineers
- Liaising with the Tender Handover team and establishing ground models to fix levels
- Value Engineering the design with the team looking a potential savings
- Monitor the Engineering team ensuring quality is met
- Take off and pricing of materials and ordering to site for use
- Input into planning including short term maps
- Inputs into site safety
- Management of Sub Contractors
- Material Reconciliations for bulk orders
- Implementing new technology to speed up processes
- Inputs into site meetings
Skills and Experience required
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC B Eng, NVQ or equivalent experience
- Good all-round knowledge of multiple processes.
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of AutoCAD
- You will be able to demonstrate a high level of construction knowledge
- You will be an ambitious individual, take pride in what you produce, have good communication, organisation and leadership skills
- Site Management
- Value Engineering
- Project Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job