Senior Engineer - £35k (Facilities): St Athans
My client built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars in the world.
As a business my client is currently growing at an exciting pace and we will soon have an additional production facility, St Athan, located in South Wales. Construction of the new production facility in St Athan in now in phase II which involves converting the decommissioned MOD super hangars into our new manufacturing plant.
An opportunity currently exists for a Senior Engineer, Facilities in our St Athan Maintenance and Facilities team. Working as part of a project team, this role will be responsible for the facilitation of the both the Trim and Trim & Final area. This will require early feasibility and simultaneous engineering studies, whilst working with process engineering and various suppliers.
You will have previous experience in managing similar projects, with project management of capital investment projects. You will Liaise with developers, architects, manufacturing & engineering suppliers and Aston Martin internal departments to understand the requirements of the project. Through the monitoring timing plans and ensure delivery within the agreed time scales.
* Manage budget and ensure this is not exceeded, both in terms of investment and resource.
* Produce weekly status of project to the management team.
* Controlling facility projects, with the main responsibility being to manage and control contractors. * Specification of the project requirements determining and identifying the most appropriate solution
* Investigate supplier tender submissions and recommend the preferred supplier
* Design Development, monitoring and controlling cost change
* Ensure the standard of equipment and installation is acceptable
* Ensure the plant and equipment operates within the specification and achieves the targets set out in the specification and meets all legislative requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Either an electrical or mechanical engineering qualification or equivalent experience are required to be considered for this role.
* The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of process equipment in terms of types of conveyors, assistors, tooling, services etc.
* The successful candidate must understand CDM and the use of method statement and risk assessment. Previous experience in cost and project management is also required.