- Continuously assess company plant and equipment for efficiency and implement improvements to optimise output.
- Use line monitoring, fault finding and problem-solving systems/techniques in order to maximise utilisation of all company plant and equipment, by minimising downtime through scheduled maintenance, and CI.
- Reduce the company’s "Carbon Footprint" by efficient utilisation of resources including Energy Usage.
- Work safely, complying with the Health & Safety regulations and assist with the drafting of Risk Assessments.
- Liaise and work closely with the production team, enabling timely start-up of plant.
- Ensure preventative maintenance schedules and works orders are completed within an agreed time frame.
- Study production schedules and estimate work hour requirements, for completion of job assignment.
- Manage small projects and assist with major projects.
- Regularly carry out audits for compliance to AIB /EFSIS /GMP Standards.
- Understand own responsibilities regarding food safety legislation, including HACCP and adhere to them.
- Work with other departments to improve/ develop operating practices and enhance quality/ customer service.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Organise work activities to ensure 'Non-contamination’ and the safety of our product is not compromised.
- Coordinate the activities of external Engineers, Contractors and Vendors.
- Coordinate the activities of the team, ensuring targets are communicated and labour is utilised effectively.
- Act as cover for the Team Leader role as and when needed and provide support in their daily activities.
- Assist with managing the performance of Engineers using Company procedures.
- Take a flexible in attitude towards all Engineering duties including providing cover for other shifts.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant Engineering Discipline
- Relevant experience in food or consumer products industry, supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills and continuous learning
- A demonstrated understanding of inter-personnel skills and a good team player
- An awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH
- Able to work on own initiative and highlight continuous improvement opportunities
- PC literate (Experience of MS Word, Lotus Notes and Excel Spread sheets)
- Must be able to trouble-shoot and accurately fault find within the production facility.
- Continuous Improvement
- Fault Finding
- Food Manufacturing