Role: Senior Engineer - Electronics
Reporting To: Design Manager
Qualifications: Engineering Degree
Overview of the role:
As a result of growing demands for our award winning range of diesel engines and an increasing number of exciting engine development programmes, we are seeking a talented Electronics Engineer who is looking for an opportunity to further their career at the cutting edge of powertrain electronics and control systems. This is an ongoing contract position.
Roles are based at our new multi-million pound engine research and development centre in Derbyshire.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Electronics Engineer:
* Engine and After-treatment ECU hardware specification and critique.
* System ownership of powertrain sensors and actuators - primary contact with project design leads driving their integration and validation
* Support the testing of electrical and electronic components to JCB Environmental test standards, responsible for relevant work product delivery to new product introduction gateways.
* Work with suppliers to deliver prototypes and PPAP parts to schedule, meeting quality and performance requirements including conducting supplier hardware design and manufacturing audits
* Work closely with design functions responsible for wiring harness and connectors, ensuring successful integration of electrical components onto the engine and after-treatment hardware.
* Have a degree/HND or equivalent in electrical / electronic engineering or associated discipline (or relevant time served experience), with a sound understanding of engineering principles
* Considerable experience of diesel engine and DPF / SCR controls and associated electrical / electronic hardware
* Possess a sound knowledge of vehicle electrical systems architecture
* Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools)
* Demonstrate the ability to diagnose, test and fault find electrical systems
* Track record in managing product life cycle through design control process
Other Desirable Experience:
* Be able to understand, create and edit 3D models, wiring diagrams and schematics with a high degree of attention to detail
* Direct experience of JCB PLM design systems and processes
* Have a working knowledge of CAD (NX), PLM systems, and Zuken or Vesys
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'