Senior Engineer - Drivetrain / Transmission Systems required on a contract basis to join an industry leading Engineering business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of engine technology? Do you have a background strategically controlling and coordinating the design and development of components and systems? Have you got a experience of working in a fast paced Engineering / R&D environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role in the Drive Train Systems team who have responsibility for all small drivetrain components with a focus on transmissions. You will support the need to improve responsiveness to OEM customers, engage in new cost reduction projects, develop robust solutions to current product design issues, and develop drive-train solutions for the future.
- This role will play a key part in either; the design, development, integration and validation of transmission design solutions (new or existing), or addressing known field issues and supporting production line quality and velocity, or supporting the generation of cost reduction ideas through design studies.
- Reporting directly to the engineering supervisor the individual will be required to manage the resolution of multiple issues.
- Technical design, development and test experience is required, and transmissions and/or drive-train component and system design is preferred along with some project management or experience.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work within a team of engineers providing technical expertise.
- The role will include release and implementation of drawings through the appropriate engineering systems.
- Pro/Engineer (Creo) experience is required in addition to experience of drive-train or driveline systems (rotating components) design and development experience.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or comparable expertise through experience.
- Creo / Pro Engineering competence.
- Experience of driveline/engine development, design, installation, test and validation.
- Ability to self-direct but also work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects.
- Proven mechanical engineering competence, either in the field of root cause analysis or component/system level validation.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.