We are currently recruiting for a Senior Civil / Structural Engineer to join a leading consultancy based in South London. This opportunity requires a Senior Engineer to work on a range of challenging but interesting projects covering the UK, these project will include working within the sectors of the Healthcare, Commercial Offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
The most successful individual for this role will be involved in keeping in top of technical matters relevant to the success of the practice. The Senior Engineer will undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects and prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD and REVIT. The Senior Civil or Structural Engineer will be heavily involved in mentoring and training junior members of staff and maintaining any necessary records.
The Senior Engineer should hold a HNC/HND or degree within Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering from an ICE approved institution. Due to the seniority of the role successful applicants should possess CEng or IEng with a minimum of 4 years' industry relevant experience and ambition to achieve further qualifications. The appropriate candidates should be flexible and possess good presentation skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
Senior Engineer- Civil/Structural Position Overview
- Keep abreast of technical matters relevant to the success of the practice.
- Ensure that the work for which they are responsible is properly and efficiently completed.
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects.
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis and design software.
- Prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Provide technical support to include report writing and presentations.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
Senior Engineer- Civil/Structural Position Requirements
- IEng or CEng status.
- Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team.
- Good presentation, communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good analytical and organisation skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to assess, prioritise and organise self.
- Ability to gather evidence to assess progress against agreed standards.
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Structural or related field and high level of IT proficiency.
Senior Engineer- Civil/Structural Position Remuneration
- Salary and package to be discussed at interview stage.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job