Senior Engineer (Bridges)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Engineer (Bridges) to join a friendly civil engineering design consultancy based in the City Centre of Glasgow. Our client's workload is mostly design work in the rail industry with a balance in transportation, energy, heavy civil engineering and structural sectors.
Working as the Senior Engineer you will:
- Lead and manage projects, ensuring deliverables meet contracted obligations
- Produce engineering designs, in accordance with project requirements and ensure technical compliance.
- Check design calculations and drawings completed by other engineers to ensure technical compliance.
- Structural calculations and analysis using tools like LUSAS, MIDAS, STRAND, OASYS GSA or similar
- Technical leadership/ input/ review role for design, assessment and other technical aspects.
- Operate as project manager for the bid documentation and assist in building up proposals.
- Manage and build relationships with clients, consultants and contractors. Attending meetings representing the design team
- Monitor of project scope and budgets
- On site visits/ structural inspections/ investigations.
- Mentor and develop less experienced team members, allowing them to achieve their full potential
- This is a technically challenging environment, and you will need to have a solid background based on project experience in technical civil and structural engineering.
- Strong engineering degree in Civil or Structural disciplines
- Minimum of 4 years' relevant experience working in a design team environment
- Be a chartered engineer with ICE, IStructE or working towards
- A desire to get involved in highly technical problem solving
- Knowledge of tools such as LUSAS, STADPRO or similar is beneficial
- Ability to sense check calculations and challenge solutions
- Experience of working with a range of structures e.g. tunnels, bridges, buildings, highways, railways and materials e.g. concrete, steel, timber, masonry
- Proven project management including project scoping, coordinating design activities, contractual and financial management
- Team management of teams of 3-5 people
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent and multi-disciplinary commissions
- Good report writing skills as both an author and a checker
- Used to representing the company to clients and working with a range of project stakeholders and contractors
- Be innovative and looking to use and further develop your technical delivery skills
If you are interest in this role please contact RONNIE on or email your CV to
- structural engineer
- civil engineer
- design engineer
- bridge design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'