Senior Engineer – Battery Systems
£55, 000 Basic Salary + Very Competitive Package
Based at a Technical Centre, as a Principal Engineer - Battery Systems, you will lead and deliver on-going client technology projects, as an integral member of the Battery Systems team.
You will be primarily responsible for leading technical teams and delivering client projects, which includes:
- Providing technical leadership for delivery teams of engineers involved in battery projects
- Interfacing directly with clients on technical issues
- Delivering projects on-time and on-budget
- Providing technical support for the design, development and validation of high voltage vehicle battery systems
- Supporting the sales teams through client interaction, proposals and roadmap development
- Promotion of capability throughout the business’s global customer base
You are a degree qualified in an Engineering or Science related discipline and have a sound automotive engineering background.
You will have a number of years of experience of successfully delivering and leading projects in a controls and electronic environment, either in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity.
In order to be successful you should demonstrate your consistent track record, knowledge, experience and understanding of:
- Battery system architectures and battery management systems
- Designing high current and automotive high voltage (12 to 1200Vdc) power systems, (connectors, bus bars, contactors & fusing)
- Electrical component integration (up to 1kV), design & development on production products, particularly HV battery systems and sub systems in a tier 1 or OEM environment
- Cell chemistries used in HEVs
- Product delivery process from requirements capture through to design validation of HEV battery systems
- Compliance engineering to external standards, such as battery handling, EMC, vehicle safety, functional safety ISO26262 etc
- Delivering DFMEA for HEVs
To be comfortable in this role, your skills should include:
- The drive and dedication to deliver ground breaking and technically challenging projects.
- Strong organizational, collaboration and communication skills
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated approach to your work
- Flexibility on work location and prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is highly beneficial:
- Battery management systems for Hybrid vehicle systems
- Analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Model-based development languages such – Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with laboratory & field development & test equipment
- DCDC converter and battery charger design and development
- DFMEA for Electrical Systems
- Hands on experience of working live with HV systems (>50V)
Extensive training in the range of company products will be given
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.