Senior Engagement Manager
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. We have over 30% of the market whilst our closest competitors have less than half of this. We invest 25% of our revenue back in to R&D ensuring that we are at the forefront of cutting edge solutions. We are continuously being voted in the top 10 of Fortune 100 Great places to work and over 45,000 world-class companies use SAS to save money, save customers and save lives.
We are currently looking for a Senior Engagement Manager to join our Professional Services Division. The role will be focussed on developing, planning and overseeing the delivery of Professional Services engagements (Consulting and Support) to support the execution of the strategy for enterprise and strategic client engagements within aligned account teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Account / Sales team and Customers to position, propose, negotiate and win Professional Services engagements in support of software sales, building awareness of capability and pipeline generation and overseeing the successful delivery of projects.
- Ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction are attained through successful delivery of Services.
- Act as the primary interface between Account/Sales Teams/Customer and the rest of the Professional Services organisation
- Proactively qualify opportunities in conjunction with the Account/Sales Teams adhering to company guidelines
- Responsible for personally qualifying Services opportunities and driving initial meetings with customers, introducing other Professional Services capabilities at the appropriate point
- Take ownership for the development of commercial Services proposals, coordinating relevant resources to agreed standards and timescales
- Lead the Services negotiation and contract process in close cooperation with Professional Services senior management, Account/Sales and Commercial/Lega teams
- Understand and actively position the full portfolio of SAS Services as they relate to the sale of key/focus Software offerings and propositions, as well as standalone Service offerings if/when appropriate
- Liaise with Consulting Operations team to appropriately resource projects in a timely manner, resolving resource conflicts and managing Customer expectation
- Provide necessary oversight to ensure the delivery of Professional Services activities result in agreed/expected outcomes (e.g. high levels of customer satisfaction, revenue growth and profitable margins)
- Work with Professional Services project managers, consultants, practice leads and senior management to ensure that any delivery challenges are highlighted and managed at an early stage to avoid escalations and failing projects
As the successful candidate, you will have a solid track record of successfully managing both the commercials and delivery of large enterprise software solution and Services for medium to enterprise size organisations. You are likely to have a strong background in project/portfolio/practice management, with a focus on full P&L management and the associated commercials of running large projects / programmes. You will be an effective negotiator, with the ability to build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple senior levels.