Exergy is a small international engineering and consultancy firm specialising in energy efficiency, renewable energy, built environment and sustainable development. The company offers high quality services to the energy value chain and in every aspect of the building sector and associated environmental issues.
We provide R&D solutions to increase the productivity and competitiveness of energy, built and sustainable environments. Our expert team has a strong capacity to generate new knowledge and to support and test new ideas.
About the role:
The ideal candidate would be able to lead, manage, or deliver energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the design, construction and commissioning stages of building installations: Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems, Cogeneration Units, District Energy Systems, Energy Storage, Building Management and Control Systems.
Senior Energy Efficiency Engineer duties are listed below:
- Manage the commercial and research projects with varying size and complexity
- Provide technical support to the business development team and actively engage with innovation projects
- Produce engineering drawings and documents for the design and installation of complex and innovative buildings services systems (including heat pumps, CHPs, and other renewable technologies)
- Carry out feasibility studies and deliver energy efficiency and sustainability strategies suitable for the non-domestic building sector
- Assist team members with energy efficiency-related work including energy modelling, life cycle analysis and cost analysis
- Carry out community based exergy assessments and support the exergy related developments
- Deliver carbon management and resource efficiency plans
- Deliver research-based scientific studies and produce publications
- Lead the multidisciplinary team and meet commercial goals and technology development objectives
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Mechanical/Architectural/Energy Engineering or related field.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience covering: HVAC system design, BMS, district energy systems.
- Experience with at least 5 collaborative R&D projects showing good project management, leadership skills and ability to deliver cost estimates and work plans complying with the H2020 Framework.
- Excellent understanding of local and international design standards. Familiarity with ASHRAE Standards is a plus.
- Experience with multi-physical modelling, simulation and data analysis software: IESVE, EnergyPlus, DesignBuilder, eQUEST or similar.
- Excellent design skills and ability to use BIM tools - preferable Autodesk Revit.
- Fluent in English. Another European language is a plus.
- Successful project acquisition.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to work across multidisciplinary areas.
- Proven peer-reviewed publication track record of research results in journals and conference proceedings.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Engineering: 5 years
- Sustainable Development
- District Heating