Exciting Medical Devices Development company seeks a skilled and motivated Senior Embedded Software Engineer to develop software for research platforms, in addition to liaising with engineering and software partners across the globe.
A key success factor for this position is the ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional group environment, in a highly collaborative manner.
The ideal candidate is someone with a great capacity and desire for taking on new responsibilities and challenges as the company grows.
The candidate hired for this role will work within a team of scientists and other engineers developing software for the operation of molecular diagnostic devices. This work may encompass bespoke hardware control, data and image analysis, peripheral driver code, such as to control different types of actuators, and overall system control firmware to sequence and schedule instrument operations. The role carries significant design responsibility and ownership of core control firmware responsible for critical diagnostic functions.
Experience, knowledge and requirements
- C development experience
- ARM Cortex processor family experience
- RTOS (such as FreeRTOS) utilisation experience
- Proven full life-cycle capabilities, in particular: design, build test and maintenance of embedded software
- Capable of robust design and implementation, from hardware driver level through to overall architecture
- Ability to debug software down to board level using equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters and logic analysers
- Experience of embedded firmware development and interfacing with bespoke hardware
- Experience working closely with electronics engineers
- Be eligible to work full time in the UK without restriction.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment on complex, fast-paced projects, interacting with both internal and external partners.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'