An established company based in Cambridge, is looking for a hands on Senior Embedded Software Engineer to develop products in C and mentor/ manage a team of excellent developers in an engineering environment.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will take a lead role in the design and implementation of embedded control and management software for an array of cutting edge IP devices and remote management solutions.
The role requires a good understanding and experience of embedded operating systems including Linux with the ability to clearly communicate design implementation to others through documentation and explanation.
- Integration of in-house, customer and supplier project activities relating to software development, validation and production implementation
- Coordination of prototype, development and pre-production activities including integration and verification within the complete system
- Architect and develop software for their advanced ranges of digital products, while focusing on the delivery of high performance solutions
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of latest technology advancements and promote engineering best practice.
- Develop and coach junior staff members
- Minimum 2:1 BSc in Computer Science or equivalent; advanced degree a plus
- 5 years of experience using C/C++ with at least one embedded operating system (Linux-preferred)
- Strong experience with one scripting language like Python, Perl or Shell
- Enthusiasm for technology and embedded software development, with a keen desire to keep on learning
- Experience working in an agile environment using SCRUM
- Exposure to communications protocols (TCP/IP, I2C, MODBUS, etc.)
- Strong documentation and writing skills
Embedded/Cloud IoT application development is an advantage