Senior Embedded Software Engineer - Eurotherm - Worthing
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Eurotherm by Schneider Electric is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company’s 50 year international reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers’ plant-wide assets.
This role offers a new and exciting opportunity in a growing area of the business for a self-motivated and highly talented Embedded Software Engineer.
A Senior Software Engineer is expected to take responsibility for analysing a Marketing Requirement, proposing a Functional Specification, deriving a Design Specification, implementing the code, testing it at a Unit and Feature level and delivering it.
A Senior Software Engineer is expected to work with others in the team to ensure project objectives. He/She is expected to participate in Peer Reviews of different project related artefacts.
As a Senior Engineer, he/she is expected to contribute to improvement in Software Technologies and Design Process. He/She may be expected to mentor new people as well as interns on a need basis.
A Senior Engineer, in this specific role, is required to be an expert on design of software for I/O modules which includes knowledge such as implementation of filters, calibration, conversion of sensor voltages/currents to Engineering units.
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· High level of expertise in Embedded C & C++ (minimum 10 years of continuous recent experience)
· RTOS: VxWorks or Embedded Linux or any RTOS of similar complexity (minimum 4 long term projects)
· Minimum 5 years of experience in design of software for interfacing Industrial Sensors and Actuators
-Drivers for reading different types of sensors
-Drivers for operating different types of actuators
-Converting signal voltages to Engineering values and related Math library functions
· Experience of developing software for 16 or 32 bit Microcontroller/Microprocessor
· Experience of MISRA C/C++ coding standards and using Static Analysis tools like Klocworks
· Experience of Unit and Functional Tests
· Experience of Configuration Management systems like SVN or Git
· Excellent Communication skills in English
· Experience of implementing software for hard real-time systems (timing critical applications)
· Experience of developing software on multi-core microprocessors
· Experience of developing products for Industrial Automation (PLC, Industrial Communication Gateways, Motor/Drive Control, Industrial HMI…)
· Knowledge/Experience of AGILE SW Development Lifecycle
· Knowledge/Experience of Test Driven Development
· Knowledge of MISRA C/C++ and Secure Coding Standards
A degree in a relevant discipline like Computer Science or Electronics.
Sufficient relevant experience will be considered as an alternative to the degree.
Fluent spoken and written English
Schneider Electric offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
We promote diversity and inclusion because we recognise they are a source of strength and competitive advantage. Creativity and innovation spring from a mixture of backgrounds and viewpoints. At Schneider Electric, we believe that helping you as an individual to realise your full potential will help the company overall to achieve outstanding results.
Please apply on line.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job