Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer
My client is looking for a Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer to be based in the Tunbridge Wells region near Croydon. This person will be responsible for developing the existing product range and all electronics systems/products from concept through to final testing and support.
My client is a support function to a Global Motorsport Business. They design, develop and implement a wide range of bespoke electronics solutions to support the timing, televising and organisation of various events. The Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer will be at the forefront of development and design of existing and new products.
The Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- To be involved in all aspects of the electronic systems development process, from requirements gathering through to final testing and support.
- Organise and undertake factory and event-based testing, including liaising with multiple departments and teams.
- Produce precise high quality documentation, such as design documentation, test reports etc.
- Analyse test data, draw sound conclusions, produce reports and feed into any necessary design changes.
- Research and quickly learn new technologies, processes, strategies and tools as led by project requirements.
- To operate safely at all times in line with Company health and safety requirements.
- To undertake other duties within your capabilities as your manager may assign to you from time to time.
- Honours degree in an electronics engineering discipline
- Working towards chartered engineering status - desireable
Background and Track Record
- Strong background in the engineering domain, to include electronics, embedded and systems
- Knowledge in electronic systems development/support environment
- Has a strong track record with design and development of systems from concept through to testing and deployment
- Ideally worked in the Broadcast or Automotive(Motorsport) Industry
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication skills, being able to tailor information depending on the audience
- Good planning skills, including the ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively
Ability or Knowledge in the following areas is highly desireable:
- C, C++ and Python
- Matlab and Simulink
- Analysis Tools (e.g. ATLAS, WinTAX)
- Networking and Serial Protocols (e.g. Ethernet, CAN, ARCNET, RS232, ASI, SDI, SPI, I2C)
- RTOS (e.g. Linux, QNX)
- Digital Signal Processing
- Schematic Capture/PCB Design
- VHDL and FPGA Design
- SysML and UML
- Video and Audio Standards
- Ability to operate effectively in a high pressured and challenging environment
- Calm, logical approach to problem solving
- A methodical and structured approach to work
- Highly versatile individual
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Logical thinking to assess and resolve problems efficiently and effectively
This role involves extensive travel internationally and a valid EU licence.
The candidate will be part of a global business and on a competitive package between £55,000 and £65,000 plus benefits.
- Product Development
- Hardware Engineer
- Senior Electronics Hardware Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'