Senior Electro Mechanical Design Engineer - PTC Creo 2, Catia, Avionics, Aerospace
Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer / Electrical Design Engineer- Aerospace - PTC Creo, Catia
Our client is a highly successful Global Aerospace/Defence company. They are currentlylooking for an Electro-Mechanical Designer to support Avionics Design requirements across a variety of aerospace programmes. The company’s products are complex electromechanical systems, experience in a similar industry using Pro Engineer (Pro E) will be preferred.
As the Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer your qualifications and experience should include:
- Degree/HND/HNC or Equivalent in Design Engineering.
- Ideally a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Aerospace Industry and associated processes / specifications (Or similar regulated industry)
- Loom/Harness components - design and manufacturing methods using a wiring diagram/schematic.
- Loom/Harness routing/clipping into complex structures - 3D Modelling.
- An understanding of system level wiring diagrams and interconnection systems.
- Design of test equipment - looms, test boxes - rigs.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D Draughting & Design using PTC Creo 2 preferred, but experience of other CAD packages would be considered - Catia experience also an advantage.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office applications.
- PCB component assembly and manufacturing methods an advantage including 3D importing of components.
- LRU/Black box design - housing PCB assemblies, machined panels, sheet metal.
- Loom / Cable / Harness design software conversant -CMS use PTC Routed Systems Design and TE Connectivity HarnWare.
- Design/drawing and manufacturing methods as used by the Aerospace industry.
- Document / drawing management software - PDMLink, SmarTeam.
- Large Assembly management, mechanical design and pro/cabling experience an advantage.
Awareness / Experience in the following areas would be an advantage:
Aerospace Industry and associated processes / specifications.
Military - UK and worldwide.
Test Equipment and production acceptance testing.
Systems design and designing to requirements.
Hardware design / PCB design.
Senior Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer your key responsibilities will include:
- Progress electro-mechanical design elements of a project as an activity integrated with all other design inputs from within an integrated project team in order to develop the compliant design solution.
- Leading small design teams when required.
- Liaise with IPT members and inter-departmental colleagues, and to report technical progress to Engineering and Programmes team leaders.
- Ensure compliance of drawings to the company’s design and configuration control processes.
- Support of yearly PDR (Personal Development Review) process and mentoring of other members of design team.
- Assist Team Lead in management and development of Electro-Mechanical Team.
- Assist Head of Group with process improvements in support of continual improvement philosophy
Keywords: Electro Mechanical Design, PTC CREO, Pro Engineer, Pro E, Pro/Engineer, Catia, PCB Packaging, Black Box design, Loom, Cable, Harness, Mechanical, Aeronautical, Aerospace, CAD, 2D, 3D, SmarTeam, PDMLink
Electro-Mechanical Design Engineer - Aerospace
Salary: Competitive plus large company benefits, flexi time
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
- PCB design
- Wiring Diagrams
- Pro Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"