Vacancy: Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 (Dependant on experience)
We are currently working in partnership with our client, an established engineering company who work within the civil engineering sectors. Supporting architects, specifiers, designers and construction teams within the M&E sector.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will manage the engineering projects and the operational activity of the Electrical team on a day-to-day basis, to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget. They will play a key role in supporting the training and development of the less experienced team members.
The Senior Engineers will be responsible for the detailed design and coordination of electrical solutions including Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Gas, Utilities, Compressed Air and Plant Layouts.
- Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to client's requirements, fees and timescales.
- Maintain existing client relationships and secure repeat business.
- Produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems / plant.
- Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports.
- Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers and Contractors.
- Arrange project review meetings, advise Directors on progress and assign jobs/tasks to your team members.
- Brief the team in regards to projects including the client, scopes of works, costs, timescales.