Our client, a leading and growing not-for-profit STM Open Access journal publisher, is looking for a Senior Editor, Team Manager to join its multidisciplinary OA Journals team. This role can be based in either Cambridge (UK) or San Francisco (USA).
The Senior Editor, Team Manager is the strategic lead in their subject area and in coordination with, and reporting to the Managing Editor, they are responsible for creating and implementing a vision for their OA content. The main responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of editors to ensure efficient submission handling for their subject areas
- Supporting Editors and resolving issues that arise during manuscript handling/peer review
- Managing communication between Associate Editors and Editorial Board members
- Overseeing manuscripts through the editorial process to ensure fast and thorough review
- Providing supporting materials and recruitment for the editorial board
- Managing the assignment of manuscripts to Editors and bringing manuscripts to resolution
- Developing/managing procedures to ensure optimized submission handling in subject area
- Developing and updating editorial policies as required
- Representing the publisher at external meetings and organising staff conference attendance.
The successful candidate will have considerable editorial experience in peer-reviewed scientific or medical journals publishing. Line management is desirable but those without will still be considered if they have sufficient editorial experience. A PhD in a scientific discipline or similar clinical qualification would also be desirable but not essential. You will have excellent communication and presentation skills, have superb analytical skills and be highly organised and efficient with strong problem-solving abilities.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, strong benefits and the chance to work in an innovative and truly collaborative environment.
Early applications are preferred. Reference TP 420.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend.
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Presentation Skills
- peer-reviewed scientific or medical journals publishing
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'